Saturday 8 December 2012

Sunday Treat Corner

I’m guessing most of us dedicates their winter Sundays for lazy and cozy behavior with an occasional beauty treatment? Well I definitely do! Apart from reading a book, watching crap tv and getting on top of my washing (it’s a Sunday job :D) I give my skin and nails a little pick me up.

On my skin I apply cleansing and nourishing face mask to bring it back to life after a week of wearing makeup and dealing with indoor heating and outdoor cold. I’ve recently purchased Organic Surge First Class Mask which nourishes, deep-cleanses and rehydrates the skin. What more would I want? That’s like three main problems tackled with one pump of creamy goodness. I’ve used it only once so far but liking it very much. I will do a proper review once I have more thoughts.
 While the face mask is on I soak couple of cotton pads with Liz Earle Eyebright and place them on my eyes. This soothing eye lotion is truly amazing. Scent itself is very relaxing but most importantly it cools and calms my eyelids and delicate skin around the eyes which gets very puffy and tired looking by the end of the week.
After around 10 minutes of relaxation with both of these on I wash it all off and apply tiny bit of Balance Me Radiance Face Oil to nourish the skin ready for the new week. I don’t use oils like that on daily basis as my skin is quite oily and I find them too heavy. But it works a treat as an extra boost once a week.

I file my nails with Crystal File by OPI. It’s quite a high price tag for a nail file but believe me it is worth it. I had one of those crystal files (can’t remember what brand) for about 5 years and it would still go strong if I didn’t drop it on the floor and then stepped on it :/ After that I kept buying these cheapo glass files but the filing bit kept coming off after few uses which was seriously getting on my nerves. I decided to invest in another good quality file and OPI has been brilliant so far.
I moisturize my cuticles with Nuxe Dry Oil which stops them looking dry. I don’t cut my cuticles out anymore but push them in from time to time but I don’t even do that very often. I found that moisturizing them regularly and not applying any varnish on them makes them look nice and neat. Finally I apply clear polish or conditioner (using Trind Nail Repair at the mo) and voila! Sometimes I’d paint them with a coloured polish but I’ve been very lazy lately and avoiding it like fire.


Loving Yankee Warm Spice at the moment! It’s very comforting and warming but not overwhelming or sickening fragrance.
Tissue holder you can see in the background has been made by my mum, she is so talented!

I would love to hear what your Sunday beauty routines are!

Sylwia x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...