Monday 2 July 2012

FOTD + Stila Convertible Color review

Have you all had an awesome weekend? I hope you did! Mine was really nice. It was lovely to have a Saturday off (I always work :( ) and see my girlfriends for a coffee during the day. After that, me and the boy went to a BBQ at our friends house. Yes, it was raining, but they have an awning type thing so we sat in the conservatory while the sausages were bbqing themselves away…

Here is how I did my makeup that day. It’s very simple and super easy to achieve. I will be definitely wearing it to work as it only takes 15 minutes and minimal amount of products to do. Everything looks a bit more intense in really life, unfortunately camera flash takes away from the colours intensity.


I blended Naked (3rd from left) into the crease and little bit above and topped it up with Buck (5th from left) for more definition. I applied Virgin (1st from left) all over the upper lid. I liner my outer upper lash line with Zero (black pencil) and blended it in with angled brush to the inner corner. That way black lost little bit of its intensity and didn’t look harsh.



I applied Stila Convertible Color in Gerbera on my cheeks and lips. It’s a lovely peachy pink shade that would suit light to medium skin tones. When I first opened, I felt disappointed as the colour looks dusty rose so nothing what I was expecting. Fortunately this is only top layer and once I dipped my finger in it, it reveals that lovely peachy shade.
Packaging is cute, light weight and has a mirror inside. Product itself doesn’t have a fragrance.
Formula is quite thick but fairly easy to blend. I apply it on my cheeks with my fingers and then blend it out with small stippling brush. No need for a highlight with this one! It gives off lovely, satin sheen. For lips I use just my fingers. It looks matte on them and it does emphasize dry patches on the lips so make sure to exfoliate beforehand.
Lasting power is really good. It stayed on my cheek for a whole day. Can’t really say about lips cause I constantly drink water so it rubs off quicker than normal.
I mentioned this product few times on Twitter and Instagram and haven’t changed my opinion since then. I love it!


You can see the colour of Stila little bit better in the above pictures. These are from a different day when I didn’t have any eye makeup on so I packed more Gerbera on the cheeks and lips :)

I got my Stila from here.

Rest of the products (not shown):
 *Revlon Color Stay foundation all over my face
*Mac Studio Finish Concealer for blemishes
*Garnier Roll-On under the eyes
*Max Factor eyebrow pencil
*MUA clear mascara as brow gel
*Mac Painterly Paint Pot as eye primer
* Max Factor False Lash effect mascara


Sylwia x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...