Thursday 28 June 2012

Nude & Mint Gradient Nails

I’ve seen gradient nails on quite a few blogs now and I really wanted to try it out for myself. I don’t normally play with nail art simply because I’m rubbish at it and I don’t have the patience. But this seemed easy enough so I gave it a go.

Things didn’t go too well at first. Revlon Minted is not very opaque so I had to sponge on three layers and even then it didn’t look nice. It just looked like I slapped some polish on the tips – no gradient effect whatsoever. I thought I’m just no good at it, applied top coat and left it looking awful. I went to have my pedicure done (I have Shellac on! Will off course update on it…) and couldn’t stop thinking how to fix this gradient thing.

I came back home and found The Nailasaurus website with amazing tutorial. I got the sponge out, painted stripe of nude and stripe of mint, dipped the sponge in and voila! Everything looks so much better. I ultimately have about 10 layers of nail polish on my nails at the moment but hey, it looks nice :)

I love Nailsaurus’s peach and pink combo so I will give it a go next time I decide to do gradient.



Polishes used:
Essie Brooch The Subject
Revlon Minted 028

You can use typical makeup sponge for this but remember to wet it beforehand otherwise it will soak up all of the nail polish. I’ve learned the hard way…

Book update:

I finished Hunger Games Catching Fire and it wasn’t as good as the first one but still awesome read. I thought I might as well finish the series and started Mockingjay now. Anyone knows when’s Hunger Games movie DVD released?

Have an awesome Friday everyone!

Sylwia x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...