Monday 6 February 2012

January Carmine and February FeelUnique beauty boxes + Blog Anniversary (sort of)

If you’re not sure what a beauty box is click here for a quick explanation.

Is it me or is Carmine running a little bit behind? Anyhoo, here’s what’s inside:

*Balance Me Radiance Face Oil – I need some extra hydration at the moment so this came in handy
*Eldora D135 eyelashes – not really my thing with the rhinestones but I might use them for a night out sometime
*Korres Wilde Rose moisturizer – to be honest I don’t think my skin is very happy with me changing a moisturizer every month (because of new samples in the beauty boxes). I’m gonna put that one to the side for now.
*WestLab Bath Salts – I don’t remember the last time I had a bath! I think it’s time to catch up on that one :)
*Eyeko Fat Eye Stick in Old Gold – me like-y! It’s like a dirty gold/moldy green colour – sounds gross I know but I love this type of shades :D


Feel Unique box is all about priming the skin before the big date because it’s the month of loooooove. Every month should be a month of love if you ask me, but hey ho! Yes, I am one of the people that re not so big on Valentine’s Day. Although it is nice to get a card (such a hypocrite, me) :D


*Nuxe Multi Usage Dry Oil – I am not sure I get this – is it oil or is it not? How oil can be dry and would you want to apply something dry on yourself?
*Decleor Natural Exfoliating Cream –always up for trying deeply cleansing products
*Philip Kingsley Elasticizer – I like the sound of intensive super-moisturizing treatment for all hair types
*Leighton Denny Nail Polish in Diamond Ivory – nude nail polish is welcome at any time
*Jean Paul Gaultier KokoRico – meah… I never use my perfume samples for some reason
*Elemis Exotic Lime and Ginger Body Wash – I have heard so many good things about Elemis. Looking forward to trying this.

Beauty Box Talk:


So this is my last beauty box post for the time being. I am unsubscribing from them for now.

The idea of beauty boxes is really awesome and I enjoyed them so much for the past few months. I loved having that surprise when opening them and trying products I would normally never think of buying or couldn’t afford. But I have accumulated so much stuff now that I cannot possibly use up with all the new bits arriving each month. Another thing is that I need to focus on saving money at the moment so I’d rather spend that £23 on something I really want or need.
I might get tempted again at some point in the future and subscribe again but for now – bye bye beauty boxes.

My BeautyFul World’s 1st Birthday:


I started blogging in February 2011. My blog then was called Sylwia’s Foundations and I didn’t have enough confidence/energy/commitment to blog regularly. I have pulled my act together and started blogging properly at the end of November last year. I changed the name of my glog to My BeautyFul World and I am trying to improve it each time I post since then. Since I decided it should be my own relaxed approach and I stopped thinking it's not good enough, it became really enjoyable to me. I can only hope it is enjoyable to you – my lovely readers.

Oh! But that’s not what I was going to write about. I really consider my blog 2 ½ months old because that’s when I really got into it. I have left the old content for me to see how much it changed. So basically my point is… should I treat it as its Birthday or not really? I am not sure.
While I’m at the blogging topic I wanted to ask you guys something. Is my writing fairly ok? I mean, is there a lot of typos or sentences that don’t make sense? English is my second language and I am still learning to write/speak and I am quite conscious of it.


UH OH UH OH OH OH!!!! I forgot about THE most important thing! I am going hairdressers tomorrow!!! Yeeeeeey :) :) :) Insert ---> 'happy jump'

Hope your Monday isn’t too bad and melting snow isn't too much of a pain!

Sylwia x

8 comments:

  1. I totally get what you mean about the Beauty Boxes, it is nice to get a surprise but if you don't like the stuff, it's money wasted.

    Congrats on the birthday :)

    Anddd Good Luck at the hairdressers :)

    Laura xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks hun! I will off course let you know how it went :D xxx

      Delete
  2. I definitely didnt know that English was your second language! Your way of writing is better than some English people I know! haha. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweets! It means a lot to hear that! xxx

      Delete
  3. Would not have guessed English was your second language until you said! You write better than some people I know on my English Language degree course! Hope you like your hair xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday to your blog!
    I agree about beauty boxes - also by the time I have read all the reviews on other blogs I feel like I have already bought and tried them because I have read about it so much!

    http://whatkimmididnext.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! And after all the reviews you can decide if you want to buy a full size product or not :)
      Thanks for the wishes :) xxx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...