Tuesday 24 January 2012

Skin Toning, Glittery nails and Figs & Rouge Balm Rave

Purpose of a toner is to remove traces of make-up and residual cleanser. It also freshens up the skin and restores ph level ready for hydration. Lately most dermatologists say toner isn’t necessary and can be skipped. I am considering doing so myself as I am confident my cleanser is very effective and I don’t really see using toner being beneficial to my skin.

However if you want or need to use it then you don’t really need to spend a lot of money on it. I have used high end and low end products and found that they all work the same. One important thing to remember is to make sure it's alcohol-free. Even if you suffer from really oily skin you shouldn’t put alcohol based product on it. It may dry your skin out, skin cells will still produce sebum and you will end up with dry/oily skin at the same time.

I didn’t have a clue that there are few different ways to apply toner. You can actually apply it with your fingers! I found this method strange because most toners are very watery so it would be difficult to press it onto the skin. Another one is to spray it on the skin. I have tried it out but found it a little bit too refreshing if you know what I mean! In the end I settled for spraying the toner onto a cotton pad and then wiping my skin with it. This method is great because you are saving a lot of product when spraying it instead of pouring it on the pad.

This is what I use at the moment. I picked it up in Poland and poured it into a travel spray bottle.

Also remember to apply moisturizer while the toner still feels a bit wet on your skin. That way you are locking the moisture in. Leaving toner on the skin to fully dry can actually dry your skin out (it has happened to me). Like I mentioned before though, I have not really experienced this extra moisture boost on myself so this is a theory.

Any thoughts on this? Have any of you guys noticed benefits from using toner? Should I skip it or keep using it? I would love to hear your opinions x


Glitter nails:

Like I mentioned yesterday I have painted my nails with glitter. I am not sure if I like it. Originally I was going to use China glaze ‘Like it Haute’ as a first layer and top it up with Essie ‘Set In Stones’. Just like I did with Avon 'Rave' and Essie ’A Cut Above’ - click here to have a look :). But then I started to feel a bit creative and added rhinestones to it and sprinkled Gosh Nail Glitter 'Grey Moonstone' on top. I did that on my ring finger’s nail. It looked REALLY bling so I thought I will keep the rest fairly simple. That’s when my creativity has stopped. I did not know what to do! In the end I used clear nail polish and applied Gosh Nail glitter (messily). I got a compliment on my nails from a lady in the shop so I guess it looks good… but I feel it's just too much. What do you peeps think? Do you like it or is it something appropriate only for a night out?

Typicaly I touched my index finger's nail before it dried and it looks extra messy.

Figs & Rouge Balm Sweet Geranium:

I received this all-purpose balm in Feel Unique December box and been loving it since. I use it mostly on my lips and cuticles. It has a lovely scent, very moisturizing and gives a pretty sheen to the lips. I will be buying again for sure as it is only £3.49 8ml or £4.99 17ml and free delivery at feelunique.com.

Also:


Just wanted to let you all know that if you click on purple-y highlighted words in my posts it will take you to a website where you can buy a product or to a post where I mentioned/reviewed it. I am not affiliated with any of these brands, just trying to make it nice and neat for you, my lovelies :)



Have a great day / or night if you're in the UK :)

Sylwia x

4 comments:

  1. oooh I WANT those nails! They look amazing! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your nails are great! Good job

    I love toners, I don't use them religiously, but like you I also apply using a cotton pad, I just like the way it makes me feel freshers :D

    Great post darling

    http://outsidebeautyinsidehealth.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my lovely
      I like that fresh feeling too :) Great to cool the skin down after a hot shower/bath.
      xxx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...