Wednesday 25 January 2012

Moisturizers + Look Of The Day

Fourth post in my 7 days of skincare is all about moisturizers! Now that our skin is squeaky clean it is ready for some moisture. It doesn’t matter if you’ve got dry, oily or combination skin. You still need to moisturize. Just like I mentioned in my first skincare post that there are many factors responsible for our skin condition. This means it changes throughout the seasons and needs different care.

To find out what your skin type is you need to observe it. I found this simple test that you can take to determine what your skin type is. Also, do not try a few new products at once. Introduce one new product into your routine and check your skin daily for improvements/worsening. If the product doesn’t do anything then ditch it! There isn’t any other way but try something to find out if it’s working in our favour. 

So this is what my skin is like and what I use:


Winter – this year has been very mild in the UK. I don’t have any major dryness going on but I do need to use something ‘heavier’ than normal. During the night our whole body rests and so is our skin. It relaxes and does not have to face any challenges like wind or low temperature. It is time for a nice moisture boost :) For that purpose I am using Liz Earle Skin Repair Moisturizer. I wake up each morning with super soft skin without that heavy, oily feeling.
For daytime I have chosen La Roche-Posay Anti-Redness Rosaliac. My face looks like I have been slapped a few times when it meets very low or very high temperatures. This moisturizer has been very good at keeping that redness at bay. It has a green tint to it which neutralizes the redness and calming effect on the skin.



Summer
– that time of the year my skin becomes oily on the T zone. Last year I have been using Bioderma Anti-Shine fluid in the mornings. I found it really stops the shine coming through. Some mattifying creams can dry your skin out so look for one that also moisturizes.
I’ve also been using Aveeno Positively Radiant. It is light but gives a bit of extra moisture during the night time. It does have some shiny particles in it so I am not keen on using it at night. I am still on a look out for a good night time moisturizer for summer. It has to be something that will hydrate but is still light in texture. 

I purchased Clarins Daily Energizer Cream at the airport last year but didn’t use it yet! I will give it go in the spring time to see if it can bring that radiant, fresh glow that skin lacks in the winter.


Outfit and make-up of the day:


Today I wore skirt from Primark I posted about here. I paired it with a simple white top (a bit see thru but oh well!), nude flats and Top Shop Cardigan. I didn’t wear this Cardi for ages. It’s really chunky and it doubles up as a coat on milder days. Please ignore extra shiny tights! I promise they do not look like that in real life :D


Excuse the blurry pic - not sure what's happened.
I used eyeshadow palette from Rimmel 002 Smokey Brun I got as a gift from a lovely friend. It’s got some right up my alley toupe-y, mink-y colours. I created this look following instructions at the back using sponge applicator that came with it and angled shader brush. I wouldn’t think of doing it that way myself. I think it came out lovely. I have to say it did look neater in real life, for some reason my camera always makes it look like the shadow is all over the place.







Sylwia x

11 comments:

  1. I love, love, love your skirt, its so pretty. The whole outfit looks lovely :)

    Also where did you get your aveeno product from as I'm interested in trying them out :)

    Lovely post, your make up looks great :)

    Laura xoxo
    http://call-of-beauty-xo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Laura :)
    I bought my Aveeno on ebay. It came from US. I have seen some Aveeno face producst in Tk Maxx too but it's kinda hit or miss in there :(
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I've seen people in the US talking about it, I got excited that it had come out over here then haha.
      Hmm I shall have to have a nosey in TK Maxx then :)

      xoxo

      Delete
    2. I hope it will come to the UK eventually. I am sure Boots has some Aveeno body lotions so hopefully they will bring skincare too :) x

      Delete
  3. Lovely outfit, I actually tried that skirt on in Primark but didn't get it cos I looked huuuge it in lol! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the shadow colors :) badbarbara.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi ,i find your blog and i love it:)
    İ will join and follow u.
    Pls join my blog:)
    khaleesistyle.blogspot.com
    Kisses from Duygu
    Duygu

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have some great products there! I love La Roche Posay, Clarins and Liz Earle - fab brands. And that's such a pretty look on you xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...