Monday 2 January 2012

Empties #3

Hello my lovelies!

I have seen some New Year's beauty resolutions on other blogs and as good as they sound I know I would't stick to anything like that. But there are couple of things I started to do last month and would like to carry on though out next year and years after that:
  • buy new products but finish the ones I already own
  • don't force myself to use up a product that don't work for me and don't feel guilty about spending money on it
  • experiment more with make up, take advantage of the beautiful eye shadows I own
Other than that I won't make any promises cause I will struggle to keep them. Just going with the flow in 2012. 
Now onto the business! I have looked back at my Project 10 pan and realized that I have been cheating because I did buy a few beauty bits :( Nevertheless I still managed to use up quite a bit of stuff. I have decided to change my tactics but I will explain it in another post.


None of these products stood out for me so I was glad to finish them off. Apart from Vaseline anti-perspirant I won’t be repurchasing.


Pharmaceris Regenerating Conditioner For Dry Hair – didn’t do anything for my hair. This was a generous sample and I got to use it about 3 or 4 times. I haven’t noticed any difference in my hair’s condition.
John Frieda Sheer Blonde Shampoo - this is one of that purple shampoo’s that are meant to keep your highlights bright. Yes, it does work and doesn’t dry the hair out. But I own two more of this kind from different brands that are cheaper.
Avon Super Shock Mascara – I would not call this mascara "super shock". More like "natural day time" mascara. It did separate the lashes very well and it does thicken them up. But it is not a dramatic look by any means. Plus it’s dried out before I got to finish it off.
John Frieda Sheer Blonde Conditioning Treatment – Smells lovely at it does condition the hair well. But I am not really sure what it’s supposed to do to my blond highlights. I am not really happy to pay extra for a product designed for blond hair that does nothing else than condition them.
Andrew Barton S.O.S. Help me! – my hair smelled of almonds for about two days after using this stuff. I used this as my normal conditioner instead of a special treatment. I found it worked better that way as it is being left on for only 3 minutes. Hair felt nice and soft, smelt amazing and were easy to comb though. But in a product like that I look a long term results and this didn’t give them to me.
Lirene Aqua Intensively Moisturizing Mask – this product is really nice. It feels lovely on the skin and keeps it moisturized for two to three days. I purchased this a while back and my skin has changed since then. It is not that dry anymore. I do recommend this product to those with very dry skin.
Sanctuary Body Wash – Naaah. It’s a shower gel and you can get the same type of thing for about a £1 from any old brand.
Vaseline Aloe fresh 24h protection – this is the only deodorant that doesn’t irritate my underarms and keeps them fresh for a whole day. Highly recommended.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...