Monday 9 January 2012

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser Review

There's been quite a lot of interest in Cetaphil products. Brand aims at dry and sensitive skin offering Skin Cleanser and Moisturising Lotion. In the winter my skin becomes dull looking, dry patches and redness appear plus irritation often comes with it all. I have been using Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser for about 2 months and finally got round to give you my honest opinion on it.


What it claims to do: Helps skin retain needed moisture. Leaves skin feeling soft, smooth and healthy. Smoothes and softens as it cleans. Ph balanced for effective and gentle cleansing. Soap free formula removing make-up and other impurities without drying the skin.

Formula: Soap-free, fragrance-free, non-comedogenic. Watery, non-greasy consistency. Pearly white color. It does not lather which is a little bit weird at first but easy to get used to.




How to use it:
Apply to the skin and massage gently. Can be used without water: wipe excess with soft tissue or cotton wool. With water: rinse and pat dry with a soft towel.

My experience: It did not remove all traces of make-up even when used after make-up remover. Therefore I have been using it only in the morning. Each time it left my skin looking soft and smooth. I wash it off with water because I find it being more refreshing and clean process. Irritation, red patches or tightness did not appear on my face at any stage of using Cetaphil. It kept my skin from drying out during this "coldness outside/heating inside" time. I am not a person that looks at ingredients in the products and certainly don't know much about them but Cetaphil made me wonder. It seems like 90% of it is made out of alcohol and parabens. As far as I know these aren't good for us. If you watch what you use and your beauty products have to be natural and paraben-free then stay away from this cleanser.


Price:
£7-£10 250ml

Where to buy: Boots, your local pharmacy, internet pharmacy.


Final score: 6/10 Gentle and moisturizing but to pricey for what it is. It's not strong enough to remove make-up and ingredients didn't impress me. Could work better for someone with serious skin problems where anything else is irritating or drying.


Have you used any of the Cetaphil products? What was your experience?


1 comment:

  1. Hey there! Thanks for stopping by Fluff and Fripperies - I'm following back :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...