Tuesday 27 September 2011

Sleek haul

Hi everybody!
Last week I received a parcel from sleek. I decided to place an order for Nude Collection everyone is raving about. To avoid dissapointment by going to the shop and finding that they haven't got what I want I placed an order online with www.sleekmakeup.com. In terms of customer services I can't say anything bad. Everything was proccesed smoothly and I received my goodies after 4 days.
I was nicely surprised at the checkout when asked which shade of free mini lipgloss I would like. I chose Magic Strawberry. It's a cute little thing you can attach to your keys and would be a great idea for me if not the smell. Unfortunatelly I can't stand it :(



Au Naturel palette has 12 mineral bases eyeshadows every nude lover will adore. They're all nicely pigmented, creamy and easy to apply and blend. To me it's a beautiful Autumn/Winter colour selection. I will definately get a lot of use from it these coming seasons. As every sleek palette packaging is sleek (ha! maybe that's where the name comes from!) and compact so perfect for storing and travelling with. Price £6.49
Blush in Suede is pigmented enough to apply and blend easily. I've read some of the Sleek blushes are very strongly pigmented which I don't necessarily like. You have to be super careful when applying them and I prefer just to slap it on without spending too much time on it. But thankfully this isn't the case with Suede. I would say the colour is a pretty warm rusty peach :) It will go lovely with these seasons trend colours like mustard yellow, burgundy or brown. Price £4.30
Last but not least Pout Polish in Bare Minimum. Thing I like the most about these is that they look like lip gloss but act like lip balm. Glossy and conditioned lips in one swipe :)
Unfortunately my lips are highly pigmented so this colour shows clear. So to show it's lovely nudness I apply tiny bit of foundation or concealer on my lips. Price £4.30



Along with the Nude Collection I was really interested in trying out Pout Paint lip stains. These are meant to be dupes for highly pigmented, long wear OCC Lip Tars. Mine is in 161 Minx. I haven't got any Lip Tars so I can't compare these two products but I am really happy with Pout Paint. Only tinest amont in the world is needed to cover whole lip evenly. So far every time I tried to get tiny bit out of the tube I ended up needing only half of it. That just shows how little you need. Finish is more on the matt side but it feels smooth on the lips. No stickiness at all which is brill news for me.
Price: £4.99
Oh! You can mix other colours with each other and create unique shades. Fun!



From left top: Nougat, Numbuck, Cappuccino, Honeycomb, Toast
From left bottom: Taupe, Conker, Moss, Bark, Mineral Earth, Regal, Noir
Eyeshadows were applied on top of Urban Decay Primer Potion. Top three cream colours don't show up too good but it doesn't meant they are not pigmented. They are just very close to my skin tone so they blend in with it! I would use them as a natural highlight or a all over base. For those girls with darker skin tones they will probably show up a bit more.

From left: Blush Suede 921; Pout Paint Minx 161; Pout Polish Bare Minimum 963

Hope this was helpfull!
Sylw x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...