Wednesday 11 May 2011

You go back to her, and I go back to blond


So I decided to have some blond highlights done for summer. I will try to stick with blond for a bit longer this time as it is most flattering colour for me.

Because my hair had red undertone my hairdresser had to bleach my hair twice to create nice bright colour. And that unfortunately dried them out a lot. I had to change my whole hair care routine to bring moisture back to my damaged hair.
That meant only one thing: Shopping! I bought whole load of prod
ucts designated for blond hair.

Cleansing:
I wash my hair with normal shampoo first to give them a good clean. Then I use white ice as a second wash and leave it on for about a minute. This purple coloured shampoo gets rid of the yellow tones in my hair and keeps them light and bright.
Conditioning:
To bring back moisture and softness to my hair I use intensive hair masks twice a week instead of a normal conditioner.
In addition I apply leave in conditioner to the ends of my hair.
Styling:
All this heavy conditioning can put a lot of weight on the hair resulting in flatness and greasiness. To prevent this from happening I massage volumizing spray into the roots just before blow drying the hair. Once my hair are dry and styled I spritz little bit of this shining spray to reduce dry/frizzy look.
I also got rid of my regular hair brush and replaced it with wide tooth comb for as it doesn’t break the hair when they’re wet. Instead of straighteners I try to straight my hair while blow drying with big flat, square brush to reduce the use of heat.

Hopefully my hair will be glossy and healthy ready for summer.

Have you got any tips and tricks or products that you can recommend for beautiful blond hair?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...