Saturday 9 April 2011

Liz Earle

Few months back I got this lovely Liz Earle set for my birthday. I’ve been using these products for over a month now and I feel it’s time to review it.

Set contains:
*Cleanse and Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser 100ml
*Instant Boost Skin Tonic 200ml
*Skin Repair Moisturizer 50ml
* Gentle Face Exfoliator 15ml
* Eyebright Soothing Eye Lotion 50ml
*2 x pure muslin cloths

Brand promise:
“Liz Earle Naturally Active Skincare is a Great British beauty brand. We are passionate about all that we do and create products that really work on every skin type by harnessing the potent powers of the finest quality naturally active ingredients.”

The product I‘m going to rave about today is Hot Cloth Cleanser as it is my favourite out of the whole set.


To achieve promised result you get 2 muslin cloths, to use with this produ
ct.
I wasn’t too sure about the whole idea at first, just because I like my cleansing routine to be quick and fuss free. After just one use I was so pleasantly surprised that Hot Cloth Cleanser became my everyday routine.

It has a subtle herbal scent and formula is a non-greasy cream. You massage the cleanser into the dry skin, eyes and neck. Then wet the cloth in hand hot wate
r and gently massage your whole face and neck in circular motions.
I noticed that sometimes products work amazingly for the first few times and then my skin stops reacting to them. But this is different. My skin feels soft, bright and
alive every single day after using it. I found the whole experience very refreshing and relaxing, which is like a blessing after a long day.
The secret’s lying in the muslin cloths. They gently exfoliate the skin and hot water opens up the pores cleansing them a lot deeper. They can be used for maximum 2 days before washing. I stick to this rule, as bacteria can easily sit on them and I don’t wa
nt it transferred onto my skin creating spots.
So it’s best to buy a few of them to have some spear while the others are in the wash. I recommend looking in mother & child shops as they can be a lot cheaper than Liz Earle cloths. My lovely friend also found wash cloths in Poundland! There are 12
little towels for just a £1. They are a bit harsher than muslin cloths so make sure you’re gentle while using them.
Remember also that if you have a lot of spots it’s better to avoid rubbing them with anything. Bacteria from the spot will just move on the other parts of your face.

Here is a quick overview of the other products. They are nice b
ut I don’t think I will purchase again.

Instant Boost Tonic:
*again subtle herbal scent
*gentle and refreshing

Ski Repair Moisturizer:
*thick consistency
*takes a while to absorb into the skin
*best for a night time


Gentle Face Exfoliator:
*cream formula
*very gentle for the skin
*better results when used on dry skin

Soothing Eye Lotion:

*can be used as a make up remover
*nice cooling effect
*reduces puffiness and “wakes up” the eyes
*suitable for contact lens wear
ers

Have you tried any of the Liz Earle products? What do you think of them?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...